OutreachHelping others in our community and around the world
Our Missions Committee
The Missions Committee is made up of a group of dedicated volunteers who meet monthly to discuss needs in the community and beyond and how we can best serve those needs. They work with a Social Worker from Covenant to Care to provide for families with children in need, prepare and freeze meals to have available to those in our congregation and community who need them, send cards to those who are home-bound, ill, or in the military, organize clothing/toiletry drives for local shelters and fundraisers for other causes and much more.
“The mission of the Missions Committee is to assist others less fortunate than ourselves. We serve as the outreach arm of the church; soliciting, gathering and distributing gifts of all kinds according to needs of members of our Church, community, and the world. We will also endeavor to teach the joy and grace of generous giving to our congregation.”
We are currently collecting supplies to fill Cleanup Buckets for Church World Service!
Due to the recent hurricanes, their disaster relief supplies are running low. The following items are needed for each bucket and can be left in Fellowship Hall:
- One five-gallon bucket with resealable lid
- Four scouring pads
- Seven sponges, including one large one
- One scrub brush
- Eighteen reusable cleaning towels (e.g. Easy Wipes)
- One 50 oz. or two 25 ox. bottle(s) of liquid laundry detergent
- One 16-28 oz. bottle of liquid disinfectant dish soap
- One 12-16 oz. bottle of household cleaner that can be mixed with water (no spray bottles)
- One package of 48-50 clothespins
- Clothesline, two 50 ft. or one 100 ft.
- Five dust masks
- Two pairs work gloves, cotton with leather palm or all leather
- 24-48 heavy duty or contractor type 30-45 gallon trash bags on a roll and removed from carton
- One 6-9 oz. bottle of non-aerosol insect repellent
Missions Senior High Scholarship
A scholarship is awarded each year to a student member of EWCC who is pursuing an education in the field of ministry or related to human services/social services such as teaching, nursing, social work, etc. Below is a link to download the application.